Do you take offense to being called a “code monkey’? Do you believe the cultivation of creative and brilliant ideas requires a collaborative team environment? When you are presented with an issue, are you not the type to back away, instead, are you up to a challenge and methodically break down problems?
You are a fast learner who is goal oriented and knows how to manage your time and resources wisely. A naturally curious person, you are always investigating the latest technological advances, and use this knowledge to create easy to use, intuitive designs rather than just “cool features”
Visual Statement is seeking an Application Developer to join our expanding development team. Our ideal candidate for this position has developed complete production solutions in the past, and understands the difference between development and production. This person is committed to delivering quality applications on time, and if a mistake is made, solutions are presented rather than excuses. Whether it’s good, bad or ugly, feedback is important to you as it is motivation to provide even smarter solutions.
If you want to work with a great group of people and want that “fun-in-the-sun” life style minus the long commutes and high cost of living, this position might be for you.
This position is located in Kamloops, B.C.
- Fluent in C#, ASP.NET and/or Windows Forms
- Extensive XML experience
- SQL Server 2005/2008 with a solid understanding of stored procedures/db design
- Ability to test your own work, and debug code using superior problem solving skills
- Source control, versioning and build automation experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years of development experience
- Formal education in Computer Science (diploma or degree)
- Only considering applicants who are permitted to work in Canada
- Experienced in test-driven and Agile development
- Experienced in WPF and WCF models
- Experienced in configuring and using MSMQ
- Experienced in developing for load-balanced cluster arrangements
If interested in the position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resume – Application Development