Product Support Technician
Trimble is the leading provider of advanced positioning solutions that maximize productivity and enhance profitability for our customers. We are an exciting,entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so, we are changing the way the world works. Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Visual Statement, a subsidiary of Trimble, is one of the leading software developers of diagramming and reporting software for law enforcement and private forensic investigators. We are seeking a Product Support Technician to join our expanding Support team in Kamloops, BC, Canada.
Do you have a fanatical desire to help clients turn a bad day into a productive, problem free day? Are you ready to throw away the scripts and chart your own course through the problem solving process? If technology excites you and you are a fast learner that thrives in a fast-paced environment, this position may be calling your name.
Our ideal candidate for this position has the proven ability to diffuse escalated situations, and effectively record the problems and the solutions. You are able to manage your time and resources wisely and are the consummate “team player”.
- Troubleshooting; you must be able to effectively find root problems with limited information.
- Windows O/S; familiarity up to and including Windows 8.
- Hardware and Software; fundamental knowledge.
- Passionate about technology; you should love technology, this really matters!
- Remote Assistance Software; general familiarity.
- Phone and Email Support; our customers are international.
- Resourcefulness; if you don’t know the solution, you should at least know how/where to find it.
- Communication; effectively translate technical terms into simplified terms for customers.
- Typing Speed of 40-50 wpm minimum
- Experience working with a CRM(SalesForce etc) is a plus.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to deal with difficult customers effectively.
- Ability to utilize a case management system.
- Provide responses timely and in a professional manner.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Cohesive with the team; these are the people you’re going to work with every day.
- Accountable; own up to your mistakes and recognize the value in learning from them.
- Dependable; treat deadlines and tasks seriously.
- Proactive; if you see something that could be improved mention it.
- Flexible; changes are natural, embrace them.
Certificate or diploma (2 year degree) in technology or similar field required, plus 1-3 years of related experience.
Candidates without a diploma may substitute years of experience.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to Joey Alain at firstname.lastname@example.org.